Wednesday, August 27, 2008

vatha kuzhambu - sutta aplam - aanantha vikatan

I stayed in hostel for my entire college life. There were girls who attended the college just for the sake of getting degree and gain better place in the marraige market. For me it was entirely different and i never intended to prepare myself for this MARRAIGE MARKET stuff. Neither i do know cooking nor had the idea of learning it. For me it is an action for survival. That is it. I wanted to do so much but never managed to do. I was too much immersed into my carrier and i forgot that i did have some personal space.

Raj said that i could take a break after marraige and refresh myself. Initially i thought it was not a good idea becoz i had too many ideas about working after maraige. Raj told me about friends over there in US and the activities they do. That made me to think and then i realised that one part of my mind badly longed for a break. Then i decided to give a chance.

Initially i had a doubt how would i spent a whole day MAKING HOME. But well life is somewhat stablised now. no need to get up before 8.30....no need to rush for 8.40 train...no need to send sms to binu or titty for getitng APPY. no need to copy paste the previous day's mail for status report...no text pad...no xl...no meetings...life goes on instead...jus toast some bread...and make milk shake. send Raj to office. come back sit infront of this laptop having coffee [not tht u ve to go ..stand in the queue..or .ask Prathi for getting me coffee..or .ask navi to share half cup...or wait for indira and navi to come back from 1st floor aft taking their so called LEMON tea...no need to scold the smoking ppl for spoiling the fresh air.]. Instead of sitting together and teasing each othr or hearing prathi's alltime mokkai or navi's at times mokkai or indira's each time critical task updates. i will jus read my mails from my frns...chat and dwnload movie. Around 11am...itz my time to cook lunch. He comes by 12.15 and have lunch and start by 1.30. After that i ll have my lunch..again no need to put a combined conversation to all cofee gang members and ask them for lunch...no excuses like..."only one mail..."..."have to go to RR"..."which FC? you gals carry on i ll join ..." etc. Eat my lunch all alone watching History channel...then back to laptop....and then watch the downloaded movies. some times i read book. some clean work i ll do. Evening he comes arnd 6. we have coffee and go for tennis. Back by 9.30 and then cook dinner , eat and watch movie. Gosh, the day is over and well spent.

Suddenly i realised that i m the same as those girls in hostel who attened college jus for the sake of getting a degree. Typical wife-life - all gals out - pot lucks - planned trips - unplanned movies - windows shopping [believe me itz true]. What am i doing? Is this what i ever wanted to? SSSSHHHH....no more thinking....m jus enjoying the time i got. Happy with VATHA KUZHAMBU - SUTTA APLAM - AANANTHA VIKATAN.

1 comment:

Footprint said...

For a minute i felt as if i was standing in front of the coffee machine in the line... i guess most of the fond memories are in sdb3...

there is life outside work and i am enjoying it too. not many people are as lucky as you and me.