Saturday, September 3, 2011

Castle in the Sky...


Recently I happened to watch a scene from Shankar’s movie where the Robot helps the heroine in the exam hall. I was reminded of such an imaginary character that was invented by myself and my niece during one of the summer holidays. I think we were 3rd standard or so. I don’t remember how this thought came to us. But we spent almost the entire summer talking about the robot – which would help us in bringing our favorite chocolates, dresses, plays movies, helps to complete our home works and even in exam hall, if we forget , it would boast our memories. Our robot friend used to be constantly in our talk and in every act.
It is so funny to think about it now. Now wonder the fantasy world has become so popular and commercialized. And I guess it is such childhood fantasies later become a reality. Imaginations are part of our human life without which life can never be satisfied. It is something we all want in our lives. An imaginary character which would be so perfect, exactly like the one we want to be. No not that I have any sort of disorder. But don’t you ever, even once have the thought: How good it would be if I have someone with these qualities in my life? Or it is nice to have a friend like that character etc. I am talking about such moments here.
 Now I am sitting here and writing about it and my niece residing far away not even having time to speak. We both grew so much apart but still it gives me a warm feeling when I think about all those perfect fantasy moments.

1 comment:

abdul kalam said...

I apologize for my below quote.

"You have to dream before your dreams can
come true.”

I didn't know that some people (1 in a million population) have these kind of dreams which will never come true..