Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sleepy Moments


I just finished my lunch and feeling very sleepy tat I am unable to concentrate in my work. The screen looks black and white with distorted figures. Loads of unfinished high priority tasks and I am not able to work an anything. Being new to this project everything seems to be so weird and complex. That being said, I thought of writing something about it. No, not about my project but about this sleepiness J
            Normally I hate sleeping during day time as that would affect my peaceful night sleep. But avoiding sleep especially in the day times is a painful experience. And I hope you would agree with me.
            When I think about it, I remember a comment from my LKG teacher, she used to say “vaani child (she was an Anglo) always sleeps in the class but if I ask any question, she would promptly answer…”” ha haa...i donno if that was true or not. Well I love her and trust her ;).  Just thinking what I used to do when I felt sleepy during school days. Especially after lunch, we would have silent hour (study hour?), either we talk or play board games. If I am sleepy, I would simply open a book and pretend studying b ut I would hide my eyes and sleep.
            There were times that we should study under a teacher’s supervision. Those were terrible moments. I would simply mumble out some words from the text book and repeat the same for god-knew-how-long. Later I found a way to hide from teacher noticing me sleeping in the class. That is taking notes. I used to just write down whatever the teacher says. I remember scoring more marks in a class test and teacher mentioned that I got more marks because of the notes I took. :D :D  I m just imagining what would her reaction if she got to know my real intention.
            My UG college days were terrible le whenever I think about these after lunch algebra classes. I just wonder how I ever survived those days. One advantage was you got to write down a lot as it was all about axis and numbers. I remember the more I was sleepy, the more I wrote down. Some times when I look at those problems, it would be like Greek & Latin to me. I had been even caught off guard during one my such sessions and it was like waking up from a bad nightmare, the only difference was that my nightmare started only after I woke up J
            My PG days were very different as there would be hardly any classes and if I feel sleepy then I had the courage to simply leave the class and get back to my hostel. But by the time I reach my room, my sleep would be gone. Gone were those days  J J.
            Now I have the privilege of taking power naps when ever I wanted to and life has become so easy that we can act as we wish. Still I appreciate those moments that now contributed a lot to my this post J J

2 comments:

CEO of The Boeing Company said...

itz good that you are not into pilot profession....... be there in IT only...

Laly Ashley said...

even me was a sleepy sleepy girl till my college time....Friends used to beat me and pinch me while i sleep in class hour...lol... Most of the teachers don't know my name.... and they called me as 'sleeping girl' but now i just hate day time sleeping....:)